Monday, September 10, 2012

Mental Health Research and Consultation Service

It's a brand new season in my life as I explore the option of utilizing the skills and talents I developed in a entrepreneurial way.  The dream for Academic Research Solutions is for it to grow to provide a variety of services to students, professionals, and the general public. The first phase of the business promotion was to establish it as a service towards students however due to the constructive feedback that I have received, I am venturing out to begin the next phase which is to provide mental health research and consultation services.  

I initially was going to wait before I started this phase because of my desire to primarily focus on writing my dissertation however I heard a message at church a few weeks ago that inspired me to move forward.  The message was that we often sit on our gifts, talents, and skills not allowing for it to flourish and as result they lie dormant, not producing any real beneficial results.  There are many intelligent, gifted, and talented individuals who become stagnant in their personal and professional growth. Many of these individuals fail to reach their full potential.  I have always been a person who never wanted to sing the "should have, could have, would have" blues so I am choosing to step out in faith that I am equipped to accomplish great things.  With that mindset, I already see that I am evolving personally and professionally.

The new service that I am adding to Academic Research Solutions is to provide mental health research and consultation services to mental health professionals and their consumers.  I know that academic research can be time-consuming for professionals as they attempt to meet the demands of treating their patients, writing their patient notes, attending continuing education classes, teaching, and potentially writing journal articles or books. The potential clients of these mental health providers are consumers who will also need information relevant to any question or concern they may have about mental health issues, treatments, and/or therapies.  

In the very near future, I will be writing articles and will blog about these issues. It is exciting to see how this will all evolve and progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment